Fleet Maintenance Manager
This position will direct and coordinate activities of the maintenance department to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel. Manage 30 technicians, 70 trucks, 500 trailers and over 200 MHE.
- Direct and coordinate staff activities and oversee repairs.
- Evaluate, report, forecast, plan and implement processes for continuous improvement.
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts and recommend capital improvement controls while monitoring expenditures.
- Inspect equipment to ensure they are being maintained properly.
- Oversee staff payroll, inventory and billing processes.
- Monitor the distribution of incentives, safety training and necessary paperwork.
- Prepare a variety of reports on security, staffing utilization, and risk management issues.
- Negotiate contracts with equipment and material suppliers.
- Negotiate union contracts, handle labor grievances, negotiate with equipment and material suppliers.
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Administer the rules and regulations in accordance with the C.B.A.
- Utilize effective interviewing and selection techniques.
- Make fair termination decisions using progressing discipline as outlined in the C.B.A.
- Communicate and ensure understanding of company policies and programs.
- Excellent health benefits
- Retirement including match
- Profit Sharing
- College degree in a business or technical field. Three to six years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and/or small group situations to customers, clients, top management and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Transervice provides fair rewards and real career advancement potential. If you are an energetic, self-motivated individual with the drive to become part of a growing organization, do not hesitate, respond today!